1970 Started Apprenticeship (Plumbers/Pipefitters) I worked as a Union Plumber/Pipefitter from 10/70 to 2/2004 working for various employers from Alaska to Nevada.
1986 Elected Financial Secretary/Treasurer (Business Manager) U.A Local Union #662 Redding CA re-elected In 1989 and 1992.
CFO of Honor Flight Northern CA 2008-2015
Awards and Professional Certificates
- Arch Merrifield Labor Award- George Meany Award- Shasta County Veteran Advocate of the Year
- Certificate of Journeyman Plumber. Cert. of Med Gas inspector/Instructor; Cert. of membership from the International Foundation of employee benefit Plans (IFEBP) 9 years. CCW permit
Organizations, Clubs or Associations;
- Vice-President Five Counties Central Labor Council;
- Vice-Chair Northeastern Building and Construction Trades Council;
- Secretary/Treasurer Shasta Private Industry Council;
- Chairman Shasta County Democratic Central Committee (6yrs.);
- Vice President Pipe Trades District Council #36;
- Assistant Editor TOP Of THE STATE LABOR NEWS;
- Member School-to-Career Consortium steering committee;
- Executive Board California Democratlc Party (12 yrs.)
- Treasurer and Parliamentarian 26th District PTA;
- Expert witness to the CA Atty. Gen. on Prevailing Wage;
- Labor Liaison on the Board of the Shasta Private Industry Council:
- Coordinator Shasta Area Joint Apprenticeship Committee.
- Contract Negotiator, Collective Bargaining Agreements and special agreements addendums
- President North Valley Stand Down Association
- CFO Shasta County Veterans Affiliated Council
- Vice President Northern California Veterans Museum & Heritage Center
Personal Passions toward organizations
After retiring from construction in 2004 I joined AMVETS and have focused all my efforts on being a Veteran Advocate. Almost everything I now do is either for AMVETS or because of AMVETS. That includes the 9 years running Honor Flight Northern California which was a program of the Leo P. Simon Post 1996. Which also resulted in National adopting it as a national program.